of 2019 attendees would return
of 2019 sponsors already rebooked
increase in attendees year on year
Key Topics Include
- Effectively deploying IoT data for predictive maintenance
- Using digital twins concepts to drive digital transformation
- How IoT tech will bring advancements in data collection and analysis to leverage digital trends
- Due Diligence: Identifying the importance of data scientists in assessing Volume, Velocity, Variety, Viability, Value and Veracity when undertaking new projects
- Optimising maintenance and operation planning through enhanced asset management
- Ensuring the interconnectivity of IoT and Blockchain to ensure data security and an accurate ledger
- Harvesting Big Data to reduce operational costs
- Methods to improve reliability and availability of assets
- Deploying Big Data to increase profitability
- Strategies to increase performance and service life
- Managing your assets smarter through preventive failure prediction
- Why Blockchain technology is the latest innovation to add value to the rail sector
- Tapping into all the opportunities that the Internet of Things makes possible
- How to mitigate the big data Cyber Security risk
Highlights for 2020
NETWORKING DINNER – A unique opportunity to establish key relationships with existing and prospective partners and clients in an informal environment
ROUND TABLE DISCUSSION GROUPS – An exclusive platform for you to sit alongside your fellow peers and discuss the latest challenges and solutions to overcome them
EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEWS – Listen to some of the most successful digitalisation case studies between Railways and their Partners
NEW HIGH-LEVEL SPEAKERS – Hear from more of the industry’s leading experts and innovators from around the world
“The Internet of Things is without doubt the 4th Industrial Revolution, and its impact on the rail sector is already transforming operations”
A global industrial revolution is underway. Every business sector across the world is being impacted or transformed by digital advances. Many parts of the rail sector are already embracing these huge changes and are poised to further embrace the significant growth in data sets that can be harnessed. As a result, the operations and maintenance heads of Railways recognise the tremendous potential offered by effectively exploiting the data gleaned from the Internet of Things.
Those rail sector organisations now join the automotive or aviation sectors in recognising and embracing the shift towards a digital future. Big data is being harnessed to deliver an entire raft of cost reductions and service improvements, including vastly reduced downtime for maintenance, optimised scheduling, increased capacity, and even enabling new services.
Infrastructure Owners and Train Operating Companies who are taking advantage of the opportunities offered by the IoT are already yielding huge benefits from their investments. However, new innovative technologies are increasing at a significant rate and Infrastructure Managers and Train Operating Companies must continue to grasp the many opportunities available to them in order to benefit from these continuing advances.
Perhaps some of the greatest opportunities for the rail sector exist in the logistics space. IoT tracking and processing options have multiplied over the years and have already reached billions of connected devices. The impact of IoT on the logistics sector already indicates the opportunities for huge improvements to end to end visibility, benefitting the end user.
The 2020 conference will assess the progress of the sector’s use of IoT to date, the level of its capabilities, practical steps on how to fully harness its growth, and how to alleviate the likely challenges to implementation.
The way in which we transport passengers and goods by rail is becoming unrecognisable. The Internet of Things is without doubt the 4th Industrial Revolution and its impact on the rail sector cannot be overestimated. Now is the time for the whole of the rail sector not just to keep up with, but to overtake other transport providers by fully signing up to the digital world.